Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm making my own fabric.

I love text fabric, especially if it's collaged, but it seems I can't really find what I'd like or it doesn't say what I would like it to or it doesn't look the way I would like it to.  I don't know why that is.  I see works of others with text and love what I see ... no matter what the words say.  But when I try to choose it for myself, I get hung up on what the words say.

So I'm trying out making my own text fabrics.  I'm using Miracle Fabric Sheets.


and scrapbook paper.


I found this 5X7 packet of paper, cut up the more interesting sections of the sheets...


...taped them together as a collage then copied them to the Miracle Fabric Sheets.


My printer copies a tad lighter than the original...next time I'll set it a notch darker for the copy. 
I know I should be able to do this with cotton fabric and freezer paper, but I just cannot get my ink to set well with that method.  It still runs/smeers in places when the fabric gets wet.  It isn't worth the trouble for me to worry about whether that will happen or not, so I'm sticking with the pro stuff.  I get much better color results with this method as well.   

Then I started chopping it up and stitching it up.  I'll show the results in a near future post...it's not quite ready yet.

Happy stitching!
Annie

8 comments:

Barb said...

that is awesome!!

Sparky said...

HI Annie...you can do this with freezer paper and kona white too...a bit cheaper with same results....
cool heh! Can't wait to see what you will do.

carol said...

You are just TOO clever!

Karen said...

Very cool idea, can't wait to see!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Fun! I can't wait to see what you make with it!

Snoodles said...

What a neat idea! Looking forward to seeing what you create with this!

Gmama Jane said...

I'm intrigued!! never seen this product so will look forward to seeing the result.
Blessings
Gmama Jane

carol said...

Make me some!! PLEASE............???????