Thursday, October 22, 2015

Butterfly Art Tag

I don't know what's happened to the Dragons Dream Tag Challenge blog.  But I do hope everyone behind the scenes is fine and just too busy to be challenging right now.  So, having tag art withdrawals, I've created a tag from an unofficial personal challenge.


This tag is another one sent to me by Donna.  She created the tag background with the textured Queen Ann's Lace.  I took over from there with the butterfly embossed with gold and watercolored with NeoColor II.  I gold embossed the alphabet stamp, added the letters for "ART", added the black background writing and added a faux postage stamp sticker that I distressed.  No easy task, this challenge, but I'm happy with the results.

And on the back is...

The tag back had no start.  I think I'm one of few people who design the back of tags along with the front.  Thanks Donna for the great tag start!  The last two tags have me completely baffled, so you may not see them for a very long time.  LoL

Even though it's only Fall at the moment, the butterfly makes me want to skip Winter and move right on to Spring.

xxx
Annie


10 comments:

Createology said...

Your self imposed Tag Challenge turned out to create a stunning and beautiful Butterfly tag. Yes, you are one of the very few who design and decorate the backs of your tags, and so beautifully at that! Creative Bliss Dear...

Evergreen Mo said...

I do like the art work you have added to this tag. The little touches of gold make it sing. Like the subdued colours. Lovely

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow, I'd forgotten all about the tags Annie, it's seems like years ago I sent them!! Absolutely adore what you've done here, you really are the tag Queen. I can't remember the other 2 backgrounds you have at all, send me a pic of them and I'll try and give you some ideas if you're stuck ;)
Hugs
Donna xxx

Renee said...

Soft and subtle! I love your color choices.

sheila 77 said...

This is something different from you, I think, gold embossing, gold letters. It's a tremendous design, the way the butterfly is off the edge, the distressed stamp, the soft green background that sets off everything else perfectly, the writing - it's very impressive art, Annie.

Tera Callihan said...

Very pretty! I love the gold embossing :) I love that you made your own challenge.. Lol

Carol said...

I think this is the most beautiful thing you have ever made!!! I love love love it! Maybe you should go on your own challenge more often.

Snoodles said...

Beautiful butterfly! I don't even need a butterfly to make me want to skip past winter. LOL Thanks for stopping at my blog and leaving a sweet comment for my quilt top! Hugs!

Deb said...

Beautiful tag Annie, love the gold accents along with that beautifully coloured butterfly! Great idea to do a tag start challenge, might have to propose that idea to my mixed media group if you don't mind me poaching your idea! Thanks for sharing and I LOVE that you finish the back of your tags, lovely little pieces of art <3 Deb xo

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous sugar!!
Sandy xx